Really Good Plants
March 23, 2020: The Really Good Plants online store has launched and we are pleased to offer the plants and scions listed below. We offer fruiting plants that are not common in the nursery trade but deserve a broader placement in home gardens.
|Image||1 × Yangmei potted plant (female) *see note below||$50|
|1 × Yangmei potted plant (male) *see note below||$30|
|Image||2 × Feijoa "Marta 7" thin scion, 5 inches each||$8|
|2 × Feijoa "Marta 10" thin scion, 5 inches each||$8|
|Image||2 × Feijoa "Marta 7" thick scion, 5 inches each||$8|
|2 × Feijoa "Marta 10" thick scion, 5 inches each||$8|
|Image||1 × Loquat Argelino (Angelino) thin scion, 6 inches||$5|
|1 × Loquat Kando (Kanro) thin scion, 6 inches||$5|
|1 × Loquat Fletcher White thin scion, 6 inches, ~1/4 inch diameter||$5|
|Image||1 × Loquat Argelino (Angelino) thick scion, 6 inches||$5|
|1 × Loquat Kando (Kanro) thick scion, 6 inches||SOLD|
|1 × Loquat Fletcher White thick scion, 6 inches, ~3/8+ inch diameter||$5|
|Image||2 × Avocado Second Red scion, 5 inches each||$8|
|Image||2 × Avocado Duke scion, 5 inches each||$8|
|Image||2 × Avocado Aravaipa scion, 5 inches each||$8|
|Image||2 × Avocado Royal-Wright scion, 5 inches each||$8|
|Image||1 × Adara plum scion, 8 inches||$5|
Quantities can be adjusted in the PayPal cart. If we are out of stock on an item, PayPal will notify you before taking payment. If this occurs, remove some or all quantity of that item. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Please read before ordering:
- Minimum order size: $25 (does not include the shipping cost), PayPal will not enforce this but it still applies.
- Shipping cost (PayPal will add the shipping cost after you enter your address!):
- U.S. excl. California: $10 for a scion-only order or 1 potted plant, otherwise $12/potted plant.
- California: $10 for a scion-only order or 1 potted plant, otherwise $8/potted plant.
- International: our checkout is set up to take only U.S. addresses at the moment, email us.
- Shipping time: we ship from Davis, California within two business days, typically with Priority Mail, so you will usually receive your order within 5 business days.
- Returns: we generally cannot accept returns, please email us if you have any concerns beforehand. If there are any problems with your order, we request that you inform us within three days of receipt of your order.
Yangmei note: Yangmei plants are known to be hard to establish when young. Their survival rates may vary. We have very limited experience with growing yangmei in the U.S. The potted seedlings sold here are about 9 months old and they are 3 to 5 inches tall. They germinated last summer and spent the winter outside in Davis, CA. We have good results growing them in a potting mix containing equal parts sand (or red lava rock fines), perlite, and peat moss. The pH should be a bit below 7, maybe 6.5. They need to be fertilized with macro and micro elements, and they like iron a lot. There is anecdotal evidence that they may be sensitive to too much phosphorus. This species is dioecious. A DNA test was run on each seedling to determine the sex.
Yangmei (Morella rubra) sexing
This service is for gardeners with yangmei seedlings that have not yet bloomed.
We have developed a DNA test to determine the sex of your yangmei seedlings. Label your plants and leaf samples with corresponding IDs, then mail in your leaves. You will receive test results by email within 5 business days of us receiving your leaves. For the test, we need just one leaf from each plant. After your order, we will send you an email with collection and mailing instructions within a business day.
|Yangmei DNA test to determine male/female for 10 plants or samples||$200|
If you have a smaller number of samples, email us for pricing.